cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Releases from trunk
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2006 13:37:01 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> I think it's time to release the next milestone of some of our modules:
>
>  - org.apache.cocoon:cocoon                    (pom)
>  - org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-core-modules       (pom)
>  - org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-core               (jar)
>  - org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-blocks-modules     (pom)
>  - org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-template           (pom)
>  - org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-flowscript         (pom)
>  - org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-template-impl      (jar)
>  - org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-flowscript-impl    (jar)
>  - org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-blocks-fw          (pom)
>  - org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-blocks-fw-impl     (jar)
>  - org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-tools-modules      (pom)
>  - org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-archetypes         (pom)
>  - org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-22-archetype-block (archetype jar)
>
> That's the minimal set of artifacts to do something useful with Cocoon
> and to follow the getting started guide. I know that we should release
> some more blocks (forms, fop, apples, etc.) and the archetype-webapp
> artifact, but they need some more polishing.
>
> I propose that we change the release procedure this time:
> The person who performs the release, releases the artifacts into our
> staging repository. Then he calls for a vote, open for 72 hours. If the
> vote passes, the artifacts are moved to the official Apache sync
> directory on people.apache.org. The last step is asking on
> repository@apache.org to sync with the Maven central repo.
>
> Is the list of artifacts and the outlined release procedure okay for
> everybody? If yes, I can do the relase on Thuesday, starting in the
> afternoon (MET).

Unfortunatly we have one showstopper: the dependency of cocoon-core on
commons-jci. The problem is that there is no release available and we can't
release something if it has a dependency on a snapshot releases.

For the time being I only see two options:

  a) we get a release of commons-jci within the next few days, or
  b) comment dependencies on this library for now

As I know about the current workload of Torsten, I don't think that we will get
a release very soon. So I guess that only option b) remains. Or is somebody of
us willing to support commons-jci to get a release out of the door?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc