cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Releases from trunk
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2006 11:54:27 GMT

I think it's time to release the next milestone of some of our modules:

  - org.apache.cocoon:cocoon                    (pom)
  - org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-core-modules       (pom)
  - org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-core               (jar)
  - org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-blocks-modules     (pom)
  - org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-template           (pom)
  - org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-flowscript         (pom)
  - org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-template-impl      (jar)
  - org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-flowscript-impl    (jar)
  - org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-blocks-fw          (pom)
  - org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-blocks-fw-impl     (jar)
  - org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-tools-modules      (pom)
  - org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-archetypes         (pom)
  - org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-22-archetype-block (archetype jar)

That's the minimal set of artifacts to do something useful with Cocoon and to
follow the getting started guide. I know that we should release some more blocks
(forms, fop, apples, etc.) and the archetype-webapp artifact, but they need some
more polishing.

I propose that we change the release procedure this time:
The person who performs the release, releases the artifacts into our staging
repository. Then he calls for a vote, open for 72 hours. If the vote passes, the
artifacts are moved to the official Apache sync directory on people.apache.org.
The last step is asking on repository@apache.org to sync with the Maven central
repo.

Is the list of artifacts and the outlined release procedure okay for everybody?
If yes, I can do the relase on Thuesday, starting in the afternoon (MET).

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc