cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: i18nTransformer problems with static pages
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 19:14:35 GMT

On Dec 7, 2006, at 2:51 AM, Ard Schrijvers wrote:

> 1) The lightweight StripNameSpaceTransformer is an option to strip
> intermediate namespaces you want to get rid of (like after sql
> transformer, I would like to get rid of them as fast as possible). Add
> this to trunk/branch or not?

+1

> 2) The XHTML serializer: Make it by default strip the list of
> namespaces we know people don't want to sent to the browser.
> Configurable: added namespaces to be stripped.

-1.  IMO (a) the serializers are not the place to do anything w/
namespaces, and (b) in particular w/ XHTML you have no idea what
namespaces I want or don't want sent to the browser, (c) you said "by
default" which implies some way of overriding the default, i.e. another
configuration detail to document, and (d) if we're adding a transformer
to do this already (see above), then it's kind of moot :-)

> About serializers: Does anybody know why we have a serialization part
> in cocoon core and one in a serializers block? Is it preferred to use
> serializers from the serializers block?

Good question, I'd like to know as well...

Cheers,
—ml—