cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: onSubmit Handlers and Ajax
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 15:51:02 GMT

On 28 Dec 2006, at 15:16, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Hmm,
>
> I'm not sure - I haven't used onSubmit handlers so far as they did not
> work with multiple forms :) So we are currently using our own handler
> "implementation".

Well hopefully this will be solved :)

> We mainly use them for client-site prevalidation like
> checking for required fields etc. In this case I think it makes
> sense to
> stop after the first failing handler.

If I understand you correctly, I think I would prefer all pre-
validation to occur even if there are validation errors found,
otherwise user needs to fix-submit, fix-submit etc. to 'discover' the
errors one by one. I would rather see all validation errors in one go.

> So I think the current behaviour is fine :) But perhaps there are
> other
> use cases? What about a chain implementation? So a handler can
> decide to
> call the next handler or not?

Eeek! ;)

You have a usecase for this ?

Should an onSubmit Handler know if others exist ?
This is going to mean more api changes and more incompatibility
issues for people with custom widgets. :(

Convince me ;)

And BTW. Can you think why onSubmit Handlers should no longer be
called before Ajax submits (the original question) ?

best regards

Jeremy