cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alfred Nathaniel <anathan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.1.10] WildcardHelperTestCase fails
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 22:41:40 GMT
On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 08:34 +0100, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Ok, I removed the usage of the deprecated matching code and replaced it
> with using the new matcher. In addition I removed the duplicate test
> case for the WildcardHelper class and commented out the failing test
> in the remaining test case.

Thanks Carsten,

WildcardHelper is now no longer used in 2.1.  Should we remove it
together with WildcardHelperTestCase?

That breaks private Cocoon components which may still use it but IMHO
that is better than just giving a depracation warning.  ("Friends don't
let friends use broken WildcardHelper.")

WildcardMatcherHelper is not a drop-in replacement of WildcardHelper but
easy enough to use.

WDYT?

Cheers, Alfred.