cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: [graphics] Masthead artwork for cocoon.apache.org
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 23:02:39 GMT

On Nov 30, 2006, at 2:42 PM, hepabolu wrote:

> This sounds like a good idea, although I do think that the
> masthead/banner has a large part in the definition of the "look and
> feel" of the site. In other words the final choice for the banner is
> also a global decision for the look and feel of the rest of the page.

Absolutely true, the artwork drives the rest of the styling... this is
in fact the reason I suggested this approach.  Once we've settled on a
cool design concept, as represented by one of the masthead comps, then
(a) we have some momentum, and (b) someone with the right skills +
motivations + access could complete a re-skinning of the site
essentially as an elaboration of a "theme" suggested by the new
masthead artwork.  For instance, I have enough design sensibility to do
something like that, but I am not a graphic artist by any stretch of
the imagination, so I could never produce the artwork; I think this
community must have a lot of people like me in this regard, so if we
can get the "creative" aspect done by somebody with actual graphic arts
talent+skills, there ought to be somebody who can take that and realize
an actual redesign :-).

—ml—