cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <lmorand...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: Trying to start Cocoon 2.2
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 17:06:26 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Luca Morandini skrev:
>> Embedded error: Error creating bean with name
>> 'org.apache.cocoon.core.main.block' defined in URL
>> [jar:file:/C:/apps/cocoon-2.2-dev/core/cocoon-webapp/target/cocoon-webapp/WEB-INF/lib/cocoon-core-main-sample-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar!/META-INF/cocoon/spring/cocoon-core-main-sample-blockServlet.xml]:

>> Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is
>> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not
>> create configuration for TreeProcesoor; nested exception is
>> java.io.IOException: Couldn't find the sitemap /sitemap.xmap
>> [INFO]
> There is still something strange in your setup. As you can see above,
> Cocoon (in o.a.c.core.deployment.DeploymentUtil I would assume) reads
> from the jar: cocoon-core-main-sample-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar, which not
> should be on the dependency list from recent cocoon-webapp checkouts.
> Probably there is an old version of the jar in your
> cocoon-webapp/target/cocoon-webapp/WEB-INF/lib/ directory.

I zapped the contents of cocoon-webapp/target and rebuilt: no joy.

> We have updated the deployment mechanism recently, and I got the same
> error message a short period before I updated the bean configuration in
> META-INF/cocoon/spring/cocoon-core-main-sample-blockServlet.xml for
> cocoon-core-main-sample. To work the value of the property
> blockContextURL in the configuration file should be
> blockcontext:/cocoon-core-main-sample/ instead of a relative URL as it
> was before. So you probably either get an old version of the
> cocoon-core-main-sample or an old version of cocoon-core.

Well, actually
blocks\cocoon-core-sample\cocoon-core-main-sample\src\main\resources\META-INF\cocoon\spring\cocoon-core-main-sample-blockServlet.xml
has the correct value of blockContextURL (I did an svn update, so this
doesn't come as a surprise to me).

>>> The next question is of course why the shielding classloader doesn't
>>> work in some environments. It works for me (jdk1.5.0_06, Windows XP).
>> It's the same environment for me as well.
> Then something else must differ. I don't know that much about the
> working of the shielding classloader. Maybe Carsten has some hypothesis.

How can I be sure to have your exact configuration: dropping the maven
repo and build everything from scratch (how painful !) ?

Regards,

    Luca Morandini
www.lucamorandini.it