cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <alexander.klimetsc...@mindquarry.com>
Subject Re: Changes to the deployer plugin wrt shielded classloading
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:20:50 GMT
I have added a patch for adding shielded classloading for single blocks
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1955). This allows you to
shield certain blocks from other blocks inside your Cocoon application,
which is necessary when there are conflicting versions of Java libs that
cannot be resolved without patching external code.

For that I modified the BootstrapClassLoaderManager slightly (and stuff
from the blocks-fw). The configuration for a shielded block also uses
the ShieldingServlet. Does this conflict with the upcoming move of the
shielding stuff into the maven-war-plugin?

Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
http://www.mindquarry.com