cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <alexander.klimetsc...@mindquarry.com>
Subject Refactored RequestProcessor swallows all exceptions in BlockServlet case
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 00:37:28 GMT
Hi Daniel,

while updating to the latest Cocoon I stepped into the problem that you
cannot see the exceptions thrown in a BlockServlet called by another
one, since the new refactored RequestProcessor swallows all exceptions.
The generated error page is fed into the response output stream which is
eventually read by anything in the calling pipeline, which mostly cannot
handle that html error page (in my case it gets some xml) and will throw
another exception like SAXParseException.

IMHO the RequestProcessor should throw the exceptions in the blocks case
  instead of generating error pages. I am trying to fix that.

Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
http://www.mindquarry.com