cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <>
Subject Re: Run Cocoon without deployer
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 00:07:21 GMT
Yes, while debugging I found out that without setting the manifest entry
"Cocoon-Block-Name" is the name of the jar without the suffix ".jar", so
I got "my-block-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT".

Apart from that my webapp/WEB-INF directory now contains my specific
web.xml, the applicationContext.xml from cocoon-webapp and

Daniel Fagerstrom schrieb:
> Alexander Klimetschek skrev:
>> Daniel Fagerstrom schrieb:
>>> blockcontext:/blockname/ - resolves to a file source that contain the
>>> COB-INF directory of the block.
>> What is the blockname? I tried the name of the directory (like
>> previously in /blocks/my-block/ => my-block), a name="my-block" in the
>> bean and the id of the bean as blockname, but all did not work.
>> Alex
> If the block is packaged as a jar at the classpath you need to set the
> manifest entry Cocoon-Block-Name to the block name, see e.g.
> If the
> block is unpacked in the class path (using the file: protocol) it will
> use a part of the path as block name. This is done with a questionable
> hack in the o.a.c.core.deployment.DeployerUtil: the path part before
> "/target/classes/COB-INF" is used as the block name.
> /Daniel

Alexander Klimetschek

View raw message