cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <alexander.klimetsc...@mindquarry.com>
Subject Solution found [Re: Performance with blocks protocol]
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 10:28:23 GMT
Alexander Klimetschek schrieb:
>> Looking in the RequestProcessor that is called by the standard
>> SitemapServlet, it calls ProcessingUtil.cleanup(), while leaving the
>> processing of a request. I don't call that in the corresponding code
>> in the o.a.c.sitemap.SitemapServlet, that might be a problem.
>
> I have copied that, because I tried to figure out what is different
> between the sitemap.SitemapServlet and the RequestProcessor, but it did
> not change anything with the memory leak.

My fault, didn't built the core module after changing that. It is indeed
the missing ProcessingUtil.cleanup() method. You probably did not put it
into the sitemap.SitemapServlet because it cleans everything, including
the current request data, so when called in a block that is called by
another block, upon return no further processing is possible because you
get NPEs when accessing the original HttpRequest...

So I put that call into the DispatcherServlet, right at the end of the
service() method and it seems to work. We will now do some testing with
the blocks-fw-samples and then commit it.

Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
http://www.mindquarry.com