cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <alexander.klimetsc...@mindquarry.com>
Subject Re: Performance with blocks protocol
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 18:48:13 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom schrieb:
> One possibility is that there is some fault in the component handling so
> that the block servlet component or tree processor is recreated instead
> of reused in some cases.

This seems to be the real problem. There are new ResourceReader
instances for each request (along with the BlockSource, BlockConnection
etc. connected with it), but they are never reused. Instead they keep in
memory, referenced by some ThreadLocal storage.

Something in the special handling o.a.c.sitemap.SitemapServlet might be
buggy, but we cannot see what. Do you have time to further look at that
this week? When using forms, the amount of data that is collected this
way increases so fast, that we sometimes get an OutOfMemory after 3-4
reloads...

Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek