cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans <jheym...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Runtime deployment
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2006 20:41:41 GMT

Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> We could use the artifactId from the
> META-INF/maven/org.apache.cocoon/cocoon-block-name/pom.properties file.

pom.properties is included by default, but it's inclusion can be
disabled. For this I think the manifest entry would be a better option
here.

> Maven also sometimes (?) creates some field in the manifest file that
> could be used e.g.:
>
> Manifest-Version: 1.0
> Archiver-Version: Plexus Archiver
> Created-By: Apache Maven
> Built-By: maven
> Build-Jdk: 1.4.2_06
> Extension-Name: cocoon-batik-impl
> Specification-Title:
> Specification-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
> Implementation-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
> Implementation-Title: cocoon-batik-impl
> Implementation-Version: 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
>
> I doesn't create such manifest files all the time though. The jars
> created when I compile locally with Maven 2.0.4 looks like:
>
> Manifest-Version: 1.0
> Archiver-Version: Plexus Archiver
> Created-By: Apache Maven
> Built-By: Daniel Fagerstrom
> Build-Jdk: 1.5.0_06

The generated default manifest is different for artifacts produced using
mvn deploy/release versus those produced using mvn install.

> One possibility would to have a block specific manifest entry with the
> block name:
>
> Cocoon-Block-Name: cocoon-batik-impl

Yup, just include this in the root pom:

<plugin>
   <version>2.1</version>
   <configuration>
     <archive>
       <manifestEntries>
         <Cocoon-Block-Name>${pom.artifactId}</Cocoon-Block-Name>
       </manifestEntries>
     </archive>
   </configuration>
</plugin>