cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <alexander.klimetsc...@mindquarry.com>
Subject Performance with blocks protocol
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 19:06:48 GMT
Hi Daniel,

we are noticing that the blocks protocol is currently quite slow. We did
not yet got a proper profiling setup, so I am asking if you know what
the bottlenecks might be and how to resolve them.

One thing might be the logging of all requests and apart from commenting
them out I did not manage to turn them off, since they use the
servletcontext logger and I don't know how to configure that one
specifically to be more silent.

And when using the blocks-protocol together with cforms in the
"backend"-block, we quickly get java.lang.OutOfMemory errors (when
opening or reloading a form about 10 times). It looks like some
continuations are still open, but can it be that they are much larger in
the blocks case? Or am I doing something terribly wrong? The
continuation request is passed on to the super-block via an URI that
contains all request params (via that InputModule I talked about) and
then the continuation is called inside that block.

Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
http://www.mindquarry.com