cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: getting started with 2.2
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 00:10:00 GMT

On Nov 21, 2006, at 12:36 PM, Mark Lundquist wrote:

> On Nov 21, 2006, at 12:21 PM, Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>
>> Testing again, it happens to me also when I do a "mvn package" after
>> a "mvn clean", if I do a second "mvn package" it works.
>
> Yes, OK... the second time worked.
>
> Now then, how do I run the webapp?  "mvn jetty:run" invoked from
> cocoon-dist-samples yields
>
> 	[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jetty-plugin' does
> not exist or no valid version could be found
>
> thx,
> —ml—

OK... now, I've done the following:

1) svn up'd (to get Jeremy's commit that is supposed to fix something
or other)

2) maven -Dmaven.test.skip -Dallblocks
-Dmaven.war.shieldingclassloader=false install

3) cd dists/cocoon-dist-samples

4) mvn package

...and now, I get the NPE no matter how many times I do "mvn package":

java.lang.NullPointerException
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.unpack(AbstractWarMojo.java:
704)
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.unpackWarToTempDirectory(Abs
tractWarMojo.java:680)
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.buildWebapp(AbstractWarMojo.
java:600)
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.buildExplodedWebapp(Abstract
WarMojo.java:379)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.maven.deployer.AbstractDeployMojo.deployMonolithicCoco
onAppAsWebapp(AbstractDeployMojo.java:182)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.maven.deployer.DeployExplodedMojo.execute(DeployExplod
edMojo.java:64)

????
—ml—