cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r473974 - in /cocoon/trunk/blocks: cocoon-ajax/cocoon-ajax-impl/src/main/resources/org/apache/cocoon/ajax/resources/js/ cocoon-forms/cocoon-forms-impl/src/main/resources/org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/ cocoon-forms/cocoon-forms-impl/src/...
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 13:08:12 GMT

On 14 Nov 2006, at 12:46, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>>
>> On 12 Nov 2006, at 23:41, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Jeremy,
>>>
>>> Nice work. Please look into the small issues below:
>>
>> <snip/>
>>
>>> We use 4 spaces for tabs.
>>
>> Ugh! I hate the 4 spaces rule ;)
>>

>>> Encoding typo? Please review your subversion settings.
>>
>> I think it was a UTF-8 Byte Order Mark, removed .....
>>
>> I had also forgotten to make the Upload Form sample use Ajax, doh ;)
>>
>> One thing I forgot to mention in my notes for these changes is the
>> rendering pipeline .....
>>
>> The pipeline for rendering JXMacro-based forms now has to adapt
>> itself to whichever Dojo Transport is being used, as the
>> BrowserUpdate response has to be different for each one :
>>
>> . . .
>> <map:select type="ajax-request">
>>   <map:when test="true">
>>     <map:select type="request-parameter">
>>       <map:parameter name="parameter-name" value="dojo.transport"/>
>>       <map:when test="iframe">
>>         <map:transform src="resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/
>> resources/IframeTransport-bu-styling.xsl"/>
>>         <map:serialize type="xhtml"/><!-- this is REALLY important
>> -->
>>       </map:when>
>>      <map:otherwise>
>>        <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>>      </map:otherwise>
>>    </map:select>
>>  </map:when>
>> . . .
>>
>> If iFrameIOTransport is being used, then the BU response needs to
>> be different XML and have a different serializer.
>>
>> Any suggestions for reducing this complexity ?
>>
>> Maybe the BrowserUpdateTransformer could differentiate depending
>> on the Transport, to save having the extra XSLT Transformation?
>>
>> Sylvain suggested a BrowserUpdateSerializer, that could switch
>> between XML and XHTML depending on the Transport.
>
> Yup, the idea of hard-coding it into a serializer is to avoid
> requiring people to copy/paste this (complex) snippet which is
> required plumbing they should normally neither modify nor care about.
>
> Or is there a way to define this as a system-provided virtual
> serializer?

Hi Sylvain :)

Do we have virtual pipeline components yet ?

I do not know much about them ..... AFAIU resources can only be
called from the sitemap in which they exist ..... virtual pipeline
components are a concept similar to resources ?

It looks like I will be adding a system-level sitemap for CForms, to
handle stuff like upload progress status ..... my plan is to have it
compiled into the CForms jar, but I have never tried running a
sitemap from that type of source before ..... has anyone tried to
mount a sitemap from (eg.) resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/
resources/system/sitemap.xmap  before ?

thanks

regards Jeremy