cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Torsten Curdt" <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Javaflow/JCI dependencies
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 08:53:14 GMT
> > introduced two SNAPSHOT dependencies that are in NO repository yet!!! (to compile
you need to compile jci and javaflow trunk ...will try to fix that soon ...or whoever has
more time to fix that),

> How can we fix that? I guess we need a release of jci and javaflow, right?

Well, that would be the best case. But for javaflow I am waiting for a
proper working surefire plugin as the testcase are only working from
within eclipse. (surefire does not like the classloader stuff in the
tests) ...while we still have a few improvements to get fixed in
javaflow I think the interfaces are stable and we could do a release
and fix the outstanding things in the next release.

For jci that's a different story. I have been wasting most of my time
with the build setup - which is no fun ...and I am still not happy.
There are changes (even on the interfaces) required in order to fix an
eclipse compiler bug and support dependency aware removal of classes.
...so there is a bit more that needs to be fixed. But there are
already a few projects waiting for a release (sorry!)

> Are
> you (we) allowed to do releases of _sandboxed_ Jakarta commons projects at all?

No ...that requires a vote from the jakarta PMC ....the only thing we
could do is get a snaphot out into a repository ...or get some people
help over in jakarta land (hint!) ;-)

cheers
--
Torsten