cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: getting started with 2.2
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 19:41:52 GMT

On Nov 21, 2006, at 10:02 AM, Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> You need -Dalldists also to activate the compilation of the dist
> modules (take a look at the profile information in
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/dists/pom.xml). I haven't
> verified that it actually will work from root though.   It will work
> if you do a "mvn package", from the cocoon-dist-samples.

When I tried this, I get the following:

java.lang.NullPointerException
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.unpack(AbstractWarMojo.java:
704)
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.unpackWarToTempDirectory(Abs
tractWarMojo.java:680)
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.buildWebapp(AbstractWarMojo.
java:600)
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.buildExplodedWebapp(Abstract
WarMojo.java:379)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.maven.deployer.AbstractDeployMojo.deployMonolithicCoco
onAppAsWebapp(AbstractDeployMojo.java:182)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.maven.deployer.DeployExplodedMojo.execute(DeployExplod
edMojo.java:64)
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginMa
nager.java:412)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Default
LifecycleExecutor.java:534)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifec
ycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:475)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultL
ifecycleExecutor.java:454)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandle
Failures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifec
ycleExecutor.java:140)
         at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
         at
a:39)
         at
Impl.java:25)
         at
         at

I see the same behavior w/:
	• "mvn install -Dalldists" from root
	• "mvn install -Dalldists" from dists
	• "mvn package" from dists/cocoon-dist-samples

The only difference is that in the first two cases, the error happens
in the build of the publishing distribution.  So it happens for both
publication and samples distributions, and as far as I can tell
'-Dalldists' does what it's supposed to do, but the package goal just
isn't working

Any ideas?

thx,
—ml—