cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: 2.2 replacement for GlobalInputModule?
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 05:27:31 GMT

On Nov 26, 2006, at 5:46 AM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Does this help?

Yes, I think it does... see below...

> Hmm, ok, the <map:global> section is still supported in 2.2!

Really... OK, I'll look for it.

>  But I think
> its not attribute based, so you have to write:
> <map:global>
>
> <something>context://this/that/{some-module:xxx}/foobar.xml</
> something>
> </map:global>
>
> The other solution is to define a properties file with the property:
> something=context://this/that/{some-module:xxx}/foobar.xml

I liked the first solution because my first instinct is to prefer that
the sitemap variable substitution syntax be confined to the sitemap
itself.  But on second thought, I like the additional flexibility
afforded by extending support to configuration via properties.

> Now, regardless of which approach you use, you have to take care that
> the reference to your "some-module" gets resolved at the right moment.

Right.   OK, I'll have another squint at the code.  Thanks for the
guidance.

Cheers,
—ml—