cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist>
Subject Re: Problem with JAXP and shielding (was Re: Shielded class loading between blocks)
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 03:30:31 GMT

On Nov 28, 2006, at 6:41 PM, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Can the shielding be switched off by default? (unless it already is?)
> I don't think majority of users will ever need it.

...and wouldn't it be better if it were not a build-time option at all,
but a run-time option — if that's even possible?  Any cocoon user
should be able to start from an archetype, whether they need the
shielding loader.  I guess if that introduces too much complexity we
could still say, "if you need shielding classloading, you have to build
your own Cocoon from source..."

View raw message