cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: getting started with 2.2
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 00:48:12 GMT

On Nov 21, 2006, at 4:22 PM, Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> To remove the use of the cocoon deployer you remove the following
> snippet from the pom for cocoon-dist-samples:

Right, yeah... I had just tried that, as a matter of fact, and... it
worked, and now I got samples! :-) :-)

Thanks for all the help!

I have a few questions... :-):

1) What does that Cocoon deployer do, anyway?  Apparently (a) it's
required for shielded classloading, (b) which is currently broken, but
(c) if you built with shielded classloading turned off, you don't need
it, so (d) you can comment it out of the POM, because (e) it currently
breaks the packager.  Anyway, it works without the deployer... why is
that?

2) It appears that I'm building a war and then deploying it into Jetty.
  I presume the packager built the war, and then the Jetty plugin finds
it and runs it?  Is there a way to do this without a war, so that I can
try out changes to artifacts in situ and not have to rebuild+restart.

Thx,
—ml—