cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r473974 - in /cocoon/trunk/blocks: cocoon-ajax/cocoon-ajax-impl/src/main/resources/org/apache/cocoon/ajax/resources/js/ cocoon-forms/cocoon-forms-impl/src/main/resources/org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/ cocoon-forms/cocoon-forms-impl/src/...
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 11:49:32 GMT

On 12 Nov 2006, at 23:41, Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> Hi Jeremy,
> Nice work. Please look into the small issues below:

> We use 4 spaces for tabs.

Ugh! I hate the 4 spaces rule ;)

> Encoding typo? Please review your subversion settings.

I think it was a UTF-8 Byte Order Mark, removed .....

I had also forgotten to make the Upload Form sample use Ajax, doh ;)

One thing I forgot to mention in my notes for these changes is the
rendering pipeline .....

The pipeline for rendering JXMacro-based forms now has to adapt
itself to whichever Dojo Transport is being used, as the
BrowserUpdate response has to be different for each one :

. . .
<map:select type="ajax-request">
   <map:when test="true">
     <map:select type="request-parameter">
       <map:parameter name="parameter-name" value="dojo.transport"/>
       <map:when test="iframe">
         <map:transform src="resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/
         <map:serialize type="xhtml"/><!-- this is REALLY important -->
        <map:serialize type="xml"/>
. . .

If iFrameIOTransport is being used, then the BU response needs to be
different XML and have a different serializer.

Any suggestions for reducing this complexity ?

Maybe the BrowserUpdateTransformer could differentiate depending on
the Transport, to save having the extra XSLT Transformation?

Sylvain suggested a BrowserUpdateSerializer, that could switch
between XML and XHTML depending on the Transport .....

regards Jeremy

View raw message