cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Trying to start Cocoon 2.2
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 17:33:14 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz skrev:
>> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>>> The cocoon:deploy plugin expects a certain directory to be present,
>>> that is created a little bit later in the plugin. If you build it
>>> twice it will work. See
>>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=116414054703369&w=2

>>> and the rest of the thread.
>>
>> and as being said, the deployer isn't really necessary if you don't
>> need shielding or want to patch your web.xml.
> So, what about making not using the deployer the default? E.g. by
> putting it in a profile in the poms. There have been several people
> trying out the trunk lately, (which is really great), and several of
> them have had problems with the deployer and shielding. IMO we should
> make it as easy as possible for new people to start experimenting and
> develop Cocoon 2.2.
>
> With the shielding it seem to be some bug in some environments, but it
> doesn't happen for me, so there is not much I can do in helping out.

I saw some of the problems about 10 days ago, but now everything works fine,
with and without the shielding classloader. For me it's no problem to remove the
deployer and the shielding for now.

I will come back to the deployment topic as soon as I have (hopefully)
integrated the reloading classloader in the same way like the shielding classloader.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc