cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Refondini <patrick.refond...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Trying to start Cocoon 2.2
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 15:22:03 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Luca Morandini skrev:
>> Patrick Refondini wrote:
>>>
>>> shouldn't it be :
>>> -Dmaven.war.shieldingclassloader=false
>>
>> Thanks for this bit of information, but Cocoon doesn't run yet.
>>
>> I did:
>> mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true -Dmaven.war.shieldingclassloader=false
>> clean install
>> cd core/cocoon-webapp
>> mvn jetty:run-exploded -Dorg.apache.cocoon.mode=dev
>
> I have had problems lately with that an avalon-framework-4.0.jar (from
> 2002!) is included in target/cocoon-webapp/WEB-INF/lib. It shadows the
> Avalon framework 4.3 jars that Cocoon depends on and give a stack trace
> similar to yours. Remove the faulty jar and try to run Cocoon again.
>
> No idea why the 4.0 is included, some transitive dependency must be
> faulty. It didn't happen some weeks ago.
>
> Some other points: jetty:run-exploded seem to do some unnecessary extra
> work compared to jetty:run. Use the -e switch for jetty:run so that you
> get the whole stack trace. Otherwise it is very hard to see what is the
> problem.

I have this recurrent problem when running / packaging trunk samples:

cocoon_trunk/dists/cocoon-dist-samples> mvn -e package
(...)
[INFO] [war:war]
[INFO] Exploding webapp...
[INFO] Copy webapp webResources to
/smartgene/work/cocoon_trunk/dists/cocoon-dist-samples/target/cocoon-samples
[INFO] Assembling webapp cocoon-dist-samples in
/smartgene/work/cocoon_trunk/dists/cocoon-dist-samples/target/cocoon-samples
[INFO] Expanding:
/home/prefondini/.m2/repository/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon-webapp/2.2.0-M2-SNAPSHOT/cocoon-webapp-2.2.0-M2-SNAPSHOT.war

into
/smartgene/work/cocoon_trunk/dists/cocoon-dist-samples/target/war/work/cocoon-webapp-2.2.0-M2-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Overlaying 1 war(s).
[INFO] Generating war
/smartgene/work/cocoon_trunk/dists/cocoon-dist-samples/target/cocoon-samples.war
[INFO] Building war:
/smartgene/work/cocoon_trunk/dists/cocoon-dist-samples/target/cocoon-samples.war
[INFO] [cocoon:deploy {execution: default}]
[INFO] Exploding webapp...
[INFO] Copy webapp webResources to
/smartgene/work/cocoon_trunk/dists/cocoon-dist-samples/target/cocoon-samples
[INFO] Assembling webapp cocoon-dist-samples in
/smartgene/work/cocoon_trunk/dists/cocoon-dist-samples/target/cocoon-samples
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] null
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.NullPointerException
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.unpack(AbstractWarMojo.java:704)
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.unpackWarToTempDirectory(AbstractWarMojo.java:680)
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.buildWebapp(AbstractWarMojo.java:600)
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.buildExplodedWebapp(AbstractWarMojo.java:379)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.maven.deployer.AbstractDeployMojo.deployMonolithicCocoonAppAsWebapp(AbstractDeployMojo.java:182)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.maven.deployer.DeployExplodedMojo.execute(DeployExplodedMojo.java:64)
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:412)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:534)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:475)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:454)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:140)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
         at
         at
         at
         at
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 15 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Nov 28 14:31:29 CET 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 12M/23M
[INFO]

The problem seems to happen at cocoon:deploy ... But the above
stacktrace does not seem very useful, at least to me...

Although it's not as FATAL as it claims. It does not prevent me to
successfully use mvn jetty:run afterward.
I could even successfully deploy and run the produced cocoon-samples.war
in apache-tomcat-5.5.20

Test Context:

Cocoon trunk at revision 480034
Java version "1.5.0_09" on Linux
(I will test that on MacOSX jdk 1.5 soon and report).
Maven version: 2.0.4

Patrick