cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: Trying to start Cocoon 2.2
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 13:01:11 GMT
Luca Morandini skrev:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>> Luca Morandini skrev:
>>> file:/C:/apps/cocoon-2.2-dev/core/cocoon-webapp/target/cocoon-webapp/WEB-INF/lib/cocoon-deployer-plugin-classloading.jar,

>> This is strange, I don't have this jar on my class path. It is
>> probably a leftover from a build without the
>> -Dmaven.war.shieldingclassloader=false switch. Try a "mvn
>> -Dmaven.war.shieldingclassloader=false clean install" in the
>> cocoon-webapp.
>
> I always do a clean install... I already had my fingers burnt a few
> times ;)
>
> Anyway, after an "svn up" and a clean install with
> shieeldingclassloader set to false, the error has changed, but an
> error it still is.
>
> I issued:
> cd core/cocoon-webapp/
> mvn jetty:run -X -Dorg.apache.cocoon.mode=dev
> Embedded error: Error creating bean with name
> 'org.apache.cocoon.core.main.block' defined in URL
> [jar:file:/C:/apps/cocoon-2.2-dev/core/cocoon-webapp/target/cocoon-webapp/WEB-INF/lib/cocoon-core-main-sample-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar!/META-INF/cocoon/spring/cocoon-core-main-sample-blockServlet.xml]:

> Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is
> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not
> create configuration for TreeProcesoor; nested exception is
> java.io.IOException: Couldn't find the sitemap /sitemap.xmap
> [INFO]
There is still something strange in your setup. As you can see above,
Cocoon (in o.a.c.core.deployment.DeploymentUtil I would assume) reads
from the jar: cocoon-core-main-sample-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar, which not
should be on the dependency list from recent cocoon-webapp checkouts.
Probably there is an old version of the jar in your
cocoon-webapp/target/cocoon-webapp/WEB-INF/lib/ directory.

We have updated the deployment mechanism recently, and I got the same
error message a short period before I updated the bean configuration in
META-INF/cocoon/spring/cocoon-core-main-sample-blockServlet.xml for
cocoon-core-main-sample. To work the value of the property
blockContextURL in the configuration file should be
blockcontext:/cocoon-core-main-sample/ instead of a relative URL as it
was before. So you probably either get an old version of the
cocoon-core-main-sample or an old version of cocoon-core.
>> The next question is of course why the shielding classloader doesn't
>> work in some environments. It works for me (jdk1.5.0_06, Windows XP).
> It's the same environment for me as well.
Then something else must differ. I don't know that much about the
working of the shielding classloader. Maybe Carsten has some hypothesis.

/Daniel