cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <>
Subject Re: 2.2 replacement for GlobalInputModule?
Date Sun, 26 Nov 2006 13:46:21 GMT
Mark Lundquist wrote:
> On Nov 25, 2006, at 10:15 AM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Hmm, my question is: what do you really want? :) Where do you want to
>> define what?
> Hi Carsten...
> The sitemap variable syntax only works in attributes, right?
> To recap from a previous message, I wanted to add an attribute-driven
> form to GlobalInputModule so that you could say something like this:
> 	<map:component-configurations>
> 		<map:global>
> 			<something value="context://this/that/{some-module:xxx}/foobar.xml">
> 		<map:global>
> 	<map:component-configurations>
> and I'm (a) looking for an alternative in the post-GlobalInputModule
> world, or (b) failing that, lobbying for the reinstatement of
> GlobalInputModule.
Hmm, ok, the <map:global> section is still supported in 2.2! But I think
its not attribute based, so you have to write:

The other solution is to define a properties file with the property:

Now, regardless of which approach you use, you have to take care that
the reference to your "some-module" gets resolved at the right moment.
As long as you take care of this yourself (or use some component which
does this for you), you're fine.

Does this help?
Carsten Ziegeler - Chief Architect

View raw message