cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 2.2 replacement for GlobalInputModule?
Date Sun, 26 Nov 2006 13:46:21 GMT
Mark Lundquist wrote:
> On Nov 25, 2006, at 10:15 AM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> Hmm, my question is: what do you really want? :) Where do you want to
>> define what?
>
> Hi Carsten...
>
> The sitemap variable syntax only works in attributes, right?
>
> To recap from a previous message, I wanted to add an attribute-driven
> form to GlobalInputModule so that you could say something like this:
>
> 	<map:component-configurations>
> 		<map:global>
> 			<something value="context://this/that/{some-module:xxx}/foobar.xml">
> 		<map:global>
> 	<map:component-configurations>
>
> and I'm (a) looking for an alternative in the post-GlobalInputModule
> world, or (b) failing that, lobbying for the reinstatement of
> GlobalInputModule.

Hmm, ok, the <map:global> section is still supported in 2.2! But I think
its not attribute based, so you have to write:
<map:global>
 <something>context://this/that/{some-module:xxx}/foobar.xml</something>
</map:global>

The other solution is to define a properties file with the property:
something=context://this/that/{some-module:xxx}/foobar.xml

Now, regardless of which approach you use, you have to take care that
the reference to your "some-module" gets resolved at the right moment.
As long as you take care of this yourself (or use some component which
does this for you), you're fine.

Does this help?
Carsten
--