cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: many methods in BlockCallHttpServletRequest not supported yet.
Date Sun, 26 Nov 2006 11:48:18 GMT
Rice Yeh skrev:
> Hi,
>   There are many methods not supported in BlockCallHttpServletRequest
> yet, like getLocale(). We are converting our project to use
> cocoon-blocks-fw-impl but many of our sitemaps use LocaleAction which
> calls getLocale() in request.  Just like to know  whether these methods
> will be implemented soon. Or we should just hold on  the conversion.

Cocoon is entirely based on volunteer contributions, so it is not like
we have a time schedule for when a certain feature will be implemented.
It depends on when someone (you e.g. ;) ) feel like implementing it.

For the lacking methods in BlockCallHttpServletRequest, Alexander and I
had a discussion about some of them recently
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=116412357400001&r=1&w=2. Some of the
methods should inherit their result from the caller, other should also
be able to override the result from the caller, still others should have
result that only depend on the current block call.

So we need to figure out what is the preferred behavior for each method.
  For getLocale(), it would, AFAICS, be most reasonable to inherit its
value from the original request from the servlet container. The same
goes for a number of other methods, so it is time to find some way to
make the request object of the caller available to the
BlockCallHttpServletRequest.

What unimplemented methods more than getLocale() do you need?

/Daniel