cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: getting started with 2.2
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 13:17:15 GMT
Alexander Klimetschek wrote:
> Daniel Fagerstrom schrieb:
>> For development you should either start by creating your webapp with
>> the Cocoon webapp Maven archetype
>> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g2/g1/g1/1159.html. Or by
>> copying cocoon-webapp. Then you add dependencies to the blocks that
>> you want to use to the pom.
>
> Is it still somehow possible to run a cocoon block, eg. just a COB-INF
> with only a sitemap, without any webapp configuration (web.xml, etc.)?
>
> Previously the deployer did all that for you. Apparently this nice
> feature is gone. Is the only chance to do so to use the webapp Maven
> archteype? AFAIK that one is intended for creating new blocks, it does
> not help much if you are migrating blocks. And what about quickly
> testing a block that does and should not contain a webapp config -
> because it will be deployed in a webapp enabled block sometimes!?

If you have a block (packaging type is 'jar') and use the Cocoon deployer it
creates a minimal web application and mounts all blocks to "/". You have to add
the deployer to the packaging phase.

For now you also have to provide a Spring property file that sets the mount-path
to the COB-INF directory (src/main/resources/COB-INF).

As I get more and ore annoyed by continuous Jetty restarts, I will have a look
at integrating the reloading classloader as a servlet filter very soon -
hopefully this weekend.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc