cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: getting started with 2.2
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 20:21:55 GMT
Mark Lundquist skrev:

> On Nov 21, 2006, at 10:02 AM, Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>
>> You need -Dalldists also to activate the compilation of the dist
>> modules (take a look at the profile information in
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/dists/pom.xml). I haven't
>> verified that it actually will work from root though.   It will work
>> if you do a "mvn package", from the cocoon-dist-samples.
>
> When I tried this, I get the following:
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.unpack(AbstractWarMojo.java:704)
>
>         at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.unpackWarToTempDirectory(AbstractWarMojo.java:680)

>         at org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.unpackWarToTempDirectory(AbstractWarMojo.java:680)
>         at org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.buildWebapp(AbstractWarMojo.java:600)
>         at org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.buildExplodedWebapp(AbstractWarMojo.java:379)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.maven.deployer.AbstractDeployMojo.deployMonolithicCocoonAppAsWebapp(AbstractDeployMojo.java:182)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.maven.deployer.DeployExplodedMojo.execute(DeployExplodedMojo.java:64)

> I see the same behavior w/:
>     • "mvn install -Dalldists" from root
>     • "mvn install -Dalldists" from dists
>     • "mvn package" from dists/cocoon-dist-samples
>
> The only difference is that in the first two cases, the error happens in
> the build of the publishing distribution.  So it happens for both
> publication and samples distributions, and as far as I can tell
> '-Dalldists' does what it's supposed to do, but the package goal just
> isn't working
>
> Any ideas?

Testing again, it happens to me also when I do a "mvn package" after a
"mvn clean", if I do a second "mvn package" it works.

Don't know exactly why one need to run "mvn package" twice. Looking at
the stack trace and the code it looks like the cocoon-deployer-plugin
assumes the presence of a webapp directory that isn't there the first
time but the second.

After some testing I see that the needed directory is
cocoon-webapp-2.2.0-M2-SNAPSHOT, that lies directly under
cocoon-dist-samples. The cocoon-webapp-2.2.0-M2-SNAPSHOT directory at
top level that is created during the first trial is empty and there is a
directory with the same name under target/war/work.

It seem like some part of the code is executed in the wrong context.
Hopefully someone that know the deployer better can tell what is going on.

/Daniel