cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: getting started with 2.2
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:02:14 GMT
Jeremy Quinn skrev:
> I tried what you suggested :
>
> First I recompiled Cocoon 2.2 with all projects :
>
> $ mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true -Dallblocks clean install
You need -Dalldists also to activate the compilation of the dist modules
(take a look at the profile information in
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/dists/pom.xml). I haven't
verified that it actually will work from root though. It will work if
you do a "mvn package", from the cocoon-dist-samples.

The -Dallblocks means that all the blocks are compiled not just the
handful that we consider most important.

I don't know how the assembly stuff is supposed to work. Maybe someone
else can fill in.
> The build was successful.
>
> Next, I copied (and adjusted) the Jetty plugin snippet to
> dists/cocoon-dist-sample/pom.xml :
>
>       <plugin>
>         <groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>
>         <artifactId>maven-jetty-plugin</artifactId>
>         <version>6.0.0rc4</version>
>         <configuration>
>           <connectors>
>             <connector
> implementation="org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector">
>               <port>8888</port>
>               <maxIdleTime>30000</maxIdleTime>
>             </connector>
>           </connectors>
>
> <webAppSourceDirectory>./target/cocoon-samples</webAppSourceDirectory>
>           <contextPath>/</contextPath>
>         </configuration>
>       </plugin>
>
> I then run the dists/cocoon-dist-sample :
>
> $mvn jetty:run
>
> <snip/>
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Webapp source directory
> /Users/Shared/Development/Checkouts/Apache/Cocoon/Cocoon_2_2/dists/cocoon-dist-samples/target/cocoon-samples

> does not exist
>
> Which is indeed true, the only contents of the cocoon-dist-samples
> folder are :
>     assembly.xml
>     pom.xml
>     README.txt
>
> Have I missed a step ?
Yes, see above
> Thanks
>
> best regards
>
> Jeremy
>
> PS. Should I commit this change to dists/cocoon-dist-sample/pom.xml ?
Yes, that would be good. I didn't do it because I didn't know how the
assemblies are supposed to work. But thinking about it adding the Jetty
plugin configuration shouldn't do any harm, and will make it easier for
people to test Cocoon (as soon as we get the dist-sample working).

/Daniel