cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: build error
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 16:27:15 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
> Missing:
> ----------
> 1) org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-default:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
>
>   Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
>
>   Then, install it using the command:
>       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.cocoon
> -DartifactId=cocoon-default \
>           -Dversion=1.0.0-20060906.213834-1 -Dpackaging=jar
> -Dfile=/path/to/file
>
>   Path to dependency:
>         1) org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-deployer-plugin-demo:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
>         2) org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-default:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
>
> ----------
> 1 required artifact is missing.
>
> for artifact:
>   org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-deployer-plugin-demo:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
>
> from the specified remote repositories:
>   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
>   apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
>   apache.snapshot (http://harry:1001/proximity/repository/apache.snapshot),
>   inhouse (http://harry:1001/proximity/repository/private),
>   apache-cvs (http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-snapshot-repository)
>
> Noone seems to report it or fix it, is my configuration faulty?

I guess the problem is that the org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-deployer-plugin-demo
hasn't been updated for a while.

cocoon-default was the idea of having one entry point for the use of Cocoon that
contains all usually needed dependencies.

So far this doesn't make much sense and therefore it was removed. If we refactor
Cocoon core and split it up even more, such an entry point could become
valueable again.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc