cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: getting started with 2.2
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:47:48 GMT
Jeremy Quinn skrev:
> Hi Vadim
>
> On 16 Nov 2006, at 13:51, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> Jorg Heymans wrote:
>>> John Krofcheck wrote:
>>> jorg:~/src/cocoon-trunk $ cd core/cocoon-webapp/
>>

> I made a new checkout of trunk, then built it like this :
>
> $ mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip=true
>
> Next I ran Jetty from core/cocoon-webapp/ and got the welcome screen
> with the url :
>     http://localhost:8888/
>
>> Or 'cd dists/cocoon-dist-samples' if you want to see anything beside
>> 'welcome' page.
>
> then I re-ran Jetty from dists/cocoon-dist-samples and I get this :
>
> $ mvn jetty:run
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'jetty'.
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jetty-plugin' does not
> exist or no valid version could be found
> [INFO]
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Total time: 1 second
> [INFO] Finished at: Mon Nov 20 20:43:55 GMT 2006
> [INFO] Final Memory: 4M/8M
> [INFO]
>

> Any suggestions ?

First the dist samples are not built by default from root, you need to
add -Dalldists to your mvn comand to build them. Or mvn package wiyhin
the cocoon-dist-sample directory.

Then the particular error you get is because the pom lacks a plugin
snippet for Jetty. Copy it from cocoon-webapp and change the
webAppSourceDirectory element to contain ./target/cocoon-samples.

Now Jetty at least start, but fail after a while for me saying:

Embedded error: Cannot invoke listener
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener@1603522
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.DefaultConfigurationBuilder.build(Ljava/io/InputStream;Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/apache/avalon/framework/configuration/Configuration;

Don't know what to do about that :/

/Daniel