cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: Shielded class loading between blocks
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 19:11:58 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler skrev:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>> Seem like a good solution to me. I would prefer putting this
>> functionality in a ShieldingBlockServlet that extends the BlockServlet
>> though. If we put to much extras in the BlockServlet it will be hard for
>> people to understand what it does and to contribute to make it stable.
>>
> Hmm, yes, you're right - what about using Spring's AOP functionality for
> this?

I don't have any experience of Spring's AOP, so I don't know what such a
solution would look like. But it would be interesting to see :)

> The problem with sub classing for a functionality is that you
> might end up with a big set of sub classes for all possible combinations.

Yes, that is a problem with sub classing. OTH we have only one sub class
candidate this far and it is still experimental code, so I don't know if
it matter that much yet. But if AOP is a neater solution, just go ahead
and use that instead.

As long as we don't end up with just one single monster class with
internal switches for all the possible combinations that you indicate
above. Then I'm happy.

/Daniel