cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: Shielded class loading between blocks
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 19:02:33 GMT
Alexander Klimetschek skrev:
> Another requirement what just popped up is to allow "groups" of servlets
> that use the same classloader. This is useful if you have some Servlets
> and jsps that ought to be used together, because the multiple Servlets
> and JSPs access some singleton / static Java class. Here it is necessary
> that all servlets and stuff are loaded by the same classloader.

Is this really a problem that we need to solve? In most cases using the
common servlet container context classloader or a block servlet local
classloader should be enough. I would need some concrete use cases to
become convinced that it is worth the extra complexity.

IMO it would be useful to have a classloader at the block level and have
some mechanism for importing and exporting packages and services between
the blocks. Fortunately clever people already have put together a
standardized solution for this ;) http://www.springframework.org/osgi.

/Daniel