cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Changes to the deployer plugin wrt shielded classloading
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2006 13:46:13 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>>> My goal is having a completly self-reloading Cocoon application that also
>>> includes the block dispatching mechanism and not only at sitemap level. (As a

>>> side note: We shouldn't consider sub-sitemaps as the number one way of
>>> modularization in Cocoon anymore).
>> I think this side note is very important - and this remembers me about
>> my pending proposal to remove sub sitemaps completly.
>
> Hey guys, what does that mean? No more blocks?

No, no, quiet the opposite. With the new block architecture and the
dispatching stuff Daniel wrote, you can mount sitemaps in the spring
context by just defining a sitemap servlet (I don't know the exact term,
but I hope this gives an impression) which is configured with two
values, the mount path and the sitemap location. I'm not sure but I
think we already have running examples somewhere in our tree.
By this, you mount new functionality just by adding your components to
the spring context and that's it. These components (or servlets) are
called "directly" from the dispatching servlet without going through the
main sitemap.
So if you have two sitemaps in your block, one for /myblock and one for
/myblock/misc, then you add two component definitions to the spring
context and you don't have to mount the misc sub sitemap in the myblock
sitemap.

Removing the need of sub sitemaps would make our architecture and
implementation *much* cleaner.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler - Chief Architect