cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Changes to the deployer plugin wrt shielded classloading
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 17:51:21 GMT
Hi,

I extracted our support for shielded classloading and added a patch
to the maven war plugin, see http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MWAR-84.
As soon as this patch is accepted by the maven community (and hopefully
they will), shielded class loading is not the concern of Cocoon anymore
and we can remove this stuff from our own plugin.

To prepare this, I committed the code I used for the war plugin to our
deployer plugin - so we are now using a simplified version if the
classloading which does not depend on the bootstrap stuff anymore.

This has the advantage of removing the bootstrap module and move the
stuff into core again. I think we should move the basic class loading
support into core while moving the reloading stuff into a separate
module to keep the core dependencies as minimal as possible.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler - Chief Architect
http://www.s-und-n.de