cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: -Dmaven.test.skip=true
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 11:56:10 GMT
Alexander Klimetschek wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler schrieb:
>> Anyways, I think we should try to fix all tests before a release. If we
>> turn them off by default we could also just remove them as noone will
>> care. (Though the tough question is of course if someone cares today)
>
> As we use Cocoon as "mission critical" part of our application we
> definitely care for the quality of the framework ;-)
>
> Updating/improving the test framework would help also when writing tests
> for your personal cocoon extensions (SourceFactories, Sitemap components
> etc.). So if there are any hints on what is to do for updating the test
> framework, we can provide some help.

Great! Now, I can't give you that much details as I haven't looked at
the stuff for some weeks now. But the easiest way is to just run the
tests in core and have a look at why some of them fail :)
I think one of the biggest problems was the current container handling.
We have a container per sitemap and this information is stored in some
thread local variables "somewhere" - and it might be that this
information is not correctly handled in the tests which causes NPEs or
something like that. But it's too long ago to really remember...

HTH
Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler - Chief Architect