cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: -Dmaven.test.skip=true
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 10:59:18 GMT
Andrew Savory wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I see this far too often whenever I try working with c2.2:
>
> 	-Dmaven.test.skip=true
>
> I mean, really .... why do we have tests if we tell everyone to build
> Cocoon 2.2 without them?
>
> So, suggestions:
>
> - we set the build to by default skip tests
> - we do not do a release until all tests pass
>
> WDYT?

The problem is that our own test framework which makes testing avalon
components easier is not working 100% after all the redesigns we had
recently. So we need to fix that...

Anyways, I think we should try to fix all tests before a release. If we
turn them off by default we could also just remove them as noone will
care. (Though the tough question is of course if someone cares today)

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler - Chief Architect
http://www.s-und-n.de