cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Rhino (once more)
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 09:40:13 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Nice,
>>
>> to avoid all legal problems - what would it take to use this version in
>> 2.1.x?
>
> a vote ;-)
> IIRC Rhino 1.6 is binary compatible to the version we use in 2.1

Not totally. The exception and stacktrace handling code is a bit
different, but source compatible (see LocationTrackingDebugger).

>> I know that this might introduce some incompatibilities, but
>> perhaps we can live with them?
>
> not sure, see
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=109528520325331&w=2
> I remember some users using these features.

AFAIK these features were never explicitely mentioned in our docs, so
not official, and thus certainly not widely used. It may be worth it to
be legally clean at the price of very few compatibility problems.

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez - http://bluxte.net