cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r473974 - in /cocoon/trunk/blocks: cocoon-ajax/cocoon-ajax-impl/src/main/resources/org/apache/cocoon/ajax/resources/js/ cocoon-forms/cocoon-forms-impl/src/main/resources/org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/ cocoon-forms/cocoon-forms-impl/src/...
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 19:05:40 GMT
Sylvain Wallez skrev:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote
>> We had virtual sitemap components one and a half year ago. But since
>> then a lot have happened in the system so I find it hard to believe
>> that they still work.
>> If someone is interested enough I could help fixing them. But I lost
>> interest in them as I think that the concept of virtual sitemap
>> components is flawed. I wrote a little bit about what I would like
>> instead in
> That would be nice. It actually looks like the "pipeline services" we
> discussed 4 years ago [1]. Wow, time flies!!!
It is based on that discussion. I always preferred the service view of
reusable pipeline (snippets) before the component view. I implemented
the VPCs as we as a community wanted the component view. But after my
work on the VPCs and the block fw I'm convinced that the service view is
more natural and easier to handle. The service view makes the non
pipeline services reusable as sitemap snippets while VPCs, assumes that
everything is sitemap based.

> Sylvain
> [1]

View raw message