cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: svn commit: r473974 - in /cocoon/trunk/blocks: cocoon-ajax/cocoon-ajax-impl/src/main/resources/org/apache/cocoon/ajax/resources/js/ cocoon-forms/cocoon-forms-impl/src/main/resources/org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/ cocoon-forms/cocoon-forms-impl/src/...
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 16:54:56 GMT
Sylvain Wallez skrev:
> Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>
>> Do we have virtual pipeline components yet ?
>>

> I guess so in 2.2...
>

>> I do not know much about them ..... AFAIU resources can only be called
>> from the sitemap in which they exist ..... virtual pipeline components
>> are a concept similar to resources ?
>>

> Yes, with two main differences:
> - they are typed (resources can be either generator, transformer or
> generator)
> - they are visible in subsitemaps, as every other component, whereas
> resources are not.

We had virtual sitemap components one and a half year ago. But since
then a lot have happened in the system so I find it hard to believe that
they still work.

If someone is interested enough I could help fixing them. But I lost
interest in them as I think that the concept of virtual sitemap
components is flawed. I wrote a little bit about what I would like
instead in http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=116177650900001&r=1&w=2.

/Daniel