cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Restructuring directory structure[was [Vote] Block artifact directory structure]
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 07:29:17 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
>> The sitemap element parser *always* gets the running mode set by the
>> attribute runningMode. This is ensured by the SitemapHelper class which
>> creates an in memory spring configuration containing the sitemap element.
>
> Can I ask why this particular technique (I mean creating a string with
> xml to pass it to application context constructor)?

Sure :) I wanted to create the per sitemap spring application context in
the same way as the global application context, using the same code and
the same techniques. As the context needs an initial configuration file
containing our special elements, the easiest way to achieve this is to
construct the XML in memory as a string and pass this into the
application context as the configuration. It's not the most elegant way,
so I'm open for any improvement, but as the XML is not too big, I think
it's not the worst option. Anyway, creating this XML allows to use most
of the code we already had, with some minor adaptions.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler - Chief Architect
http://www.s-und-n.de