cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Restructuring directory structure[was [Vote] Block artifact directory structure]
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 16:56:16 GMT
Felix Knecht wrote:

> The problem:
>
> As far as I've seen, sitemap element parser as well as settings element
> parser do not respect CLI property settings ( -Dorg.apache.cocoon.mode=xxx).
>
> The duplication:
> With my supposed patch the functions getSystemProperty(String key) and
> getSystemProperty(String key, String defaultValue) are implemented
> several times at different locations (I think to remember alsways as
> protected).

Ok, I briefly looked at the current code (I have not looked at your
patch yet). The current code is not the original (working) code. The old
version did check the system property and the optional runningMode
attribute of the cocoon:settings element in the applicationContext,
both, in the settings element parser. And this was the only place where
this checking occured.
The sitemap element parser *always* gets the running mode set by the
attribute runningMode. This is ensured by the SitemapHelper class which
creates an in memory spring configuration containing the sitemap element.
Apart from these two places, there shouldn't be any need to directly
detect the running mode. All places should have access to the Settings
bean which provides a method to get the current running mode.

Did I oversee any location?

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler - Chief Architect