cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fe...@otego.com>
Subject Re: Restructuring directory structure[was [Vote] Block artifact directory structure]
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 16:32:09 GMT

>>> :) OK, fine, so is there still a problem?
>> As I've written in some post before: if noone objects that the actual
>> logic of getting current running mode is duplicated here and there I
>> have no problem also.
>>
>> I'll apply the patch today.
>>
> Sorry to ask again - there where too many responses for me in this
> thread, so can you please give me an update on why the duplication is
> necessary?
> As far as I see it, the settings object should be available in all
> places or we can pass in the running mode from the outside, like we did
> with the sitemap element parser.

The problem:

As far as I've seen, sitemap element parser as well as settings element
parser do not respect CLI property settings ( -Dorg.apache.cocoon.mode=xxx).

The duplication:
With my supposed patch the functions getSystemProperty(String key) and
getSystemProperty(String key, String defaultValue) are implemented
several times at different locations (I think to remember alsways as
protected).