cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: Restructuring directory structure[was [Vote] Block artifact directory structure]
Date Sun, 05 Nov 2006 17:37:03 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:
>>>     System.getProperty(RUNNING_MODE_PROEPRTY, RUNNING_MODE_DEFAULT)
>>>
>>> needed in those classes mentioned to get te running mode than?
>> yes.. but I would rather use the Settings.getRunningMode() than to
>> duplicate the logic that establishes running mode. With
>> System.getProperty() we have the feature working in 2 minutes. Question
>> is: will other developers agree to such "unprofessional" solution?
>
> Thanks or qualifying my proposal as "unprofessional" :-)

My english sometimes is not as fluent as I would like it to be. It was
not my intention to criticize your proposal. I apologise if you feel
insulted.

> I you cannot get a Setting object you only have the System.getProperty choice.

System.getProperty is not an option as Carsten has introduced some other
ways of setting running mode that have nothing to do with system
properties. So we are on his mercy now to propose something :)

--
Leszek Gawron                                    CTO at MobileBox Ltd.