cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Restructuring directory structure[was [Vote] Block artifact directory structure]
Date Sun, 05 Nov 2006 15:52:18 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote

>> 	System.getProperty(RUNNING_MODE_PROEPRTY, RUNNING_MODE_DEFAULT)
>>
>> needed in those classes mentioned to get te running mode than?
>
> yes.. but I would rather use the Settings.getRunningMode() than to
> duplicate the logic that establishes running mode. With
> System.getProperty() we have the feature working in 2 minutes. Question
> is: will other developers agree to such "unprofessional" solution?

No :) And what's worse it's not the right approach. Since some weeks we
have the (yet undocumented) feature that you can also change the running
mode in the application context with the <cocoon:settings/> element.
This allows the change of the running mode without the need to use
system properties!

I think we should not support running modes for avalon based
configurations - so there is no need to get the settings in the avalon
element parser :) What is missing then?

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler - Chief Architect