cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: Restructuring directory structure[was [Vote] Block artifact directory structure]
Date Sun, 05 Nov 2006 14:59:25 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>>> probably not, I need to access the bean itself - not the definition
>>> metadata. I do not know if that is possible - after all the context
>>> containing the settings bean is still in creation.
>>>
>> It's not possible to get the settings object in the element parser.
>> Actually its not possible to access any bean in the parser (and its also
>> not possible to get the ServletContext). I had a very hard time figuring
>> a way out of this problem. And I came up with the current solution which
>> registers special beans which do the work. So the parser only register
>> beans, pass some configuration information to the beans, but the actual
>> work is done in the beans when they are instantiated by Spring.
>
> To go back to Leszeks initial question, so there is a
>
> 	System.getProperty(RUNNING_MODE_PROEPRTY, RUNNING_MODE_DEFAULT)
>
> needed in those classes mentioned to get te running mode than?

yes.. but I would rather use the Settings.getRunningMode() than to
duplicate the logic that establishes running mode. With
System.getProperty() we have the feature working in 2 minutes. Question
is: will other developers agree to such "unprofessional" solution?

--
Leszek Gawron                                    CTO at MobileBox Ltd.