cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [2.2] Runtime deployment
Date Sun, 05 Nov 2006 14:42:43 GMT
Leszek Gawron skrev:
> The amount of mocking (and additional work to mimic the actual webapp)
> makes me think that it would probably be much easier if I just set up a
> jetty server programmatically and interface cocoon using commons http
> client.

I have found minimal mock setups for servlets quite useful for setting
up functional tests while I developed earlier versions of the blocks fw
(before the switch to Spring). It is simpler to follow what happens if
you don't have the extra complexity of socket communication etc.

But for a replacement of the CLI a Jetty server together with a http
client with some command line tool might be a good solution.

/Daniel