cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: Restructuring directory structure[was [Vote] Block artifact directory structure]
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2006 22:23:39 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>>> It seems my knowledge of Spring internals is lacking alot. Reading the
>>> code I would say maybe somthing line
>>>
>>> (Settings)(new RuntimeBeanReference(Settings.ROLE).getSource())
>> probably not, I need to access the bean itself - not the definition
>> metadata. I do not know if that is possible - after all the context
>> containing the settings bean is still in creation.
>>
> It's not possible to get the settings object in the element parser.
> Actually its not possible to access any bean in the parser (and its also
> not possible to get the ServletContext). I had a very hard time figuring
> a way out of this problem. And I came up with the current solution which
> registers special beans which do the work. So the parser only register
> beans, pass some configuration information to the beans, but the actual
> work is done in the beans when they are instantiated by Spring.

You are creating bean definitions in AvalonElementParser and in
AvalonBeanPostProcessor you apply lifecycle to previously defined beans.
The problem is that the actual bean definition/bean creation would have
to be moved to AvalonBeanPostProcessor. This is way beyond my
qualifications :).

Is this at all feasible?

--
Leszek Gawron                                    CTO at MobileBox Ltd.