cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <>
Subject Re: [2.2] Runtime deployment
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2006 18:36:47 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
>> What is missing?
>> 1. With the changes from above, Cocoon does not run as an unexpanded war
>> file anymore. So I think we should extract the COB-INF directory into
>> the temporary directory and mount the blocks from there. This should be
>> very simple to change.
> apart from one thing, how do I do that?:
>> <map:match pattern="mobile/**">
>>     <map:mount uri-prefix="mobile" src="blocks/geminismart-server-mobile/"/>
>> </map:match>
>> <map:match pattern="central/**">
>>     <map:mount uri-prefix="central" src="blocks/geminismart-server-central/"/>
>> </map:match>
>> <map:match pattern="**">
>>     <map:mount uri-prefix="" src="blocks/mobilebox-webapp-commons/"/>
>> </map:match>
> when I get block files unpacked to some temporary directory which
> location can change any time.
We could provide our own protocol "temp:" which is resolved to the
temporary directory, so you can use
"temp://blocks/geminismart-server-mobile/" for example.

>> 2. We should check on startup if we need to extract a COB-INF directory
>> again. If anyone has a good idea how to check this without too much work
>> would be great.
> wouldn't it be sufficient if we checked for blocks/block-name directory
> existence?
Hm, it depends - this assumes that an artifact during development never
changes. But for example if you're using "1.0-SNAPSHOT" the content will
change during development but the block-name will not. My first idea was
to put the jar size in the temp directory as well and only extract if
the size has changed. (I'm not sure if the size is a reachable
information though).

Carsten Ziegeler - Chief Architect

View raw message